Pumps and fittings from stock
Whether you need additional or alternative fittings from those supplied as standard, or you’re looking to replace fittings on an existing installation, Tanks-UK can often supply these from stock. There may be occasions when pumps are required as stand-alone products – no problem. We can advise you on the best pump for your application.
The DAB range of pumps that we stock are specifically designed so that they can be used as submersible pumps. Some of the uses for this type of pump are:
- Pond or swimming pool drainage – this is probably just an occasional use and the DAB Nova range are well suited to this application as they are fully portable and compact in design.
- Draining out basements or clearing up from floods – you need a good portable pump for this and the Verty Nova 200M is an ideal candidate.
- Tanks to irrigation systems – whether open or covered rainwater tanks, you need a pump which will strain out debris to protect the system, and the Diver 6 is a good pump for this purpose as it has an integral strainer and non-return valve.
- Private water supplies, e.g. wells or boreholes. These will need a reliable pump, which would be fitted in position within the water supply system, and most of the DAB range of water pumps will work well for this purpose.
DAB Effluent pumps
In addition to water pumps, Tanks-UK also stock effluent pumps. These might be used for example, as a subsidiary or supplementary pump to a sewage treatment station, or for pumping industrial effluent to a holding tank. The Feka stainless steel pumps are the best for this purpose, as they are designed for effluent and sewage and are very durable.
Here’s where you might want to change or upgrade the standard pumps to adapt a standard dispensing tank to your requirements. Some of our products are shown as options on the product webpage, but they are also available as standalone products, if you need an upgrade or replacement, for example.
Tanks-UK stock several types of fuel pumps – some of those available from stock are:
- Hytek SPT60 and SPT80 (different pumping flow rates) – these are mains electric pumps
- Fill-rite 1224HD which is a dual-voltage pump for battery operation, but as an added feature it is fully ATEX certified, so it can be used for petrol and well as kerosene or diesel, and in areas covered by the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations, commonly known as DSEAR.
- Piusi Panther weatherproof diesel transfer pump, available as 56 litres a minute or 72 litres a minute versions.
You may be wondering ‘what is ATEX’? It doesn’t actually stand for anything in itself, but it refers to two EU directives relating to controlling potentially explosive atmospheres, for example, where there are highly volatile liquids such as petrol. The name was taken from the French description of the regulations, but it is recognised throughout Europe and still used in the UK post-Brexit. ATEX certified products are therefore safe for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
As well as the pumps, we also stock the fittings for pipe connections, including adaptors for different sizes. Here we look at a few different applications from the wide range of fittings available.
MDPE is short for medium-density polyethylene. This is the material most often used for permanent plastic pipework as it is very durable and totally corrosion resistant. Tanks-UK stock a wide range of fittings and adaptors for MDPE pipework, with different bore sizes, configurations (e.g. elbow joint) and connections. The standard pipe fittings are black with green connectors; and the WRAS (Water Regulations Approval Scheme) approved fittings for drinking water have blue connectors.
Threaded metal fittings
There are various applications for fittings in different metal materials, as well as the plastic water pipe fittings. Tanks-UK stock a huge range of metal pipe fittings. Here are just a few examples, and their potential uses:
- Brass threaded fittings and adaptors – these would be ideal for connections with copper pipes as the two materials are fully compatible, and similar in appearance, which may be important where the pipes are visible.
- Galvanised pipe threaded fittings and adaptors – galvanised steel is zinc coated which resists corrosion, and might be used in irrigation systems, where rigid heavy-duty pipework is used. We also stock some of the Profec range of valves and taps in galvanised steel.
- Stainless Steel threaded fittings and adaptors – Whilst these can be used with metal water pipes, this is the only metal fitting which is also suitable for use with AdBlue™, as it can be corrosive to other metals.
Just give us a call on 01953 665940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and we’ll send you a quote.